The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

WANTED - Portafold folding caravan - NO LONGER REQUIRED

Any 'Wanted' requests.
John&Annie

WANTED - Portafold folding caravan - NO LONGER REQUIRED

Post by John&Annie » Tue, 19 Aug 2008, 2:06 pm

I am now retired and wish to do a little travelling. My camping days are definitely over and having researched the caravan market it would seem that a Portafold or Ansfold trailor would suit my purposes. I will be towing the van behind my classic sports car and I will be able to see arround it.

I hope that there is a van out there which is for sale, so please get in touch and advise me if you have one or know of one, along with the price and details of condition and location.

Regards
John
E-Mail john.daws1@ntlworld.com

John&Annie

Re: WANTED - Portafold or Ansfold folding caravan.

Post by John&Annie » Mon, 08 Sep 2008, 5:11 pm

Hi chaps

I didn't realise that there were that many Portafolds out there. I have now found one within 20 miles and parted with my cash. The van is complete and even includes an original awning, the caravan requires a complete respray and new upholstery.

It does not appear to be a mammoth task and I hope it will be on the road early next year.

There does not appear to be many photos of the interiors on the forum, I would appreciate more ideas on how to improve the comfort. Does anybody have details of the shapes and sizes of drawer units, cooker cabinettes, etc. that can be stored within the well of the caravan.

Any further advice would be gratefully recieved.

Dave - Sorry I've not been in touch with you, I did try but my computer skills are not very good and I lost your message. I was put off buying your van only because it is in Kent and I did not wish to tow the van all the way back to the north Midlands - I have managed to find a Portafold locally and it now sits in my garage. I am a bit busy at the moment but when I get a little more time I will try to take some photagraphs and do a serialized restoration report complete with photos, if I can find out how to post them on the forum.

Matthew - I have tried to delete the wanted advert on the forum site and not been successful. Is it possible that you can delete the message on my behalf? - perhaps you can write an idiots guide on how to use the forum site.

Hope to take part in classic events next year and meet up with some of you members.

Happy holidays!!
E-Mail john.daws1@ntlworld.com