The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

1970's Portafold for sale

Anything that's For Sale or 'Free of Charge'.
Admin

1970's Portafold for sale

Post by Admin » Wed, 03 Jan 2024, 11:42 am

Dan & Michelle are selling their Portafold. Here is what Michelle says about it:

"Very reluctant sale! 😔

Sadly we are selling our Portafold. My husband is a fairly recent lower leg amputee so we now need something a little more practical to suit our change in circumstances, where we don’t have to put it up/down each time and with its own facilities so he doesn’t have to struggle to toilet/shower blocks when he’s not on his prosthetic.

We have owned this for around 7-years and used it at least 3-4 times each year, and have never had any issues - no leaks, door & windows all work fine, tows well. We also had all of the cushions professionally re-covered this year. Loads of under-seat storage. Electric hook-up. Hook with fabric “door” to hang clothes behind one side of door & fabric ‘cubby-holes’ for storage the other side. Only thing I can think is that the light above door doesn’t work - was like it when we bought it, but we’ve never looked in to why (could just be a new bulb needed 🤷🏻‍♀️), as we’ve always just used camping lights hung around the edges. Has been dry-stored, and we tend to pop it back up when in storage so that it is kept nicely aired after use.

Comes with spare wheel, metal plates to wind legs down on to (hubby cut these himself as just makes it easier on uneven ground), socket bar for lowering the stabiliser legs, wooden shelf (can be used as bunk-bed or some people get this cut in to a sink area), small step, 10L plastic collapsable water carrier with tap. Decorative items not included.

We have only ever really used the Portafold itself as a bedroom and used awnings for the ‘living area’, but you could put the bed up/down and create a table from the wooden slat it you wanted to. Our current awning is a drive-away ‘low’ Vango Airhub Hexway, which can be included in the sale for an extra £300. This is a great size/shape awning which we would have kept but doesn’t fit on our new caravan! It has been the centre of many camp set-ups within our peer groups! 😊 Small hole in the ‘used’ ground sheet but doesn’t affect use as carpet goes over the top. And comes with spare ‘unused’ ground sheet anyway. Carry bag also has small tear and broken strap but, again, doesn’t affect use. And we’ll include the 6 hanging camping lights we hang from the top of the awning. Originally cost £650 plus a further £70 for the carpet, so have tried to reflect the imperfections in the price. If not wanted can just be advertised separately, but I honestly believe this is a great awning to have and will be almost as sad to see it go as the Portafold itself!

Any questions please contact Dan on 07796533764 (as I won’t have a clue! 😂)
More photos available on request.
Viewings welcome.
Located near Newbury, Berkshire.
£2,250."

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg

Please mention portafold.co.uk when you make contact with the seller.

My disclaimer:

Just so you know, I am completely impartial and I won't give any valuations on Portafolds or Ansfolds, neither do I get involved in the price being asked for any caravans being sold. I do not act as a go-between or an agent and therefore I take no commission or fee for putting prospective buyers in touch with sellers. This is a purely free service that I provide to the members of this forum. Beware of individuals that deal in Portafolds who masquerade as private sellers. As far as I am aware, all the details I pass on are private sellers, unless I specifically state otherwise in the listing.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!