The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

4th National Gathering @ Purbeck Rally - BACK ON!!!

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Admin

4th National Gathering @ Purbeck Rally - BACK ON!!!

Post by Admin » Mon, 03 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

It looks like we're back on!

Many thanks for all the suggestions for replacement venues. After doing plenty of research (with most of the shows on that weekend being one day events, with no camping available) the best prospect is the

Purbeck Rally, being held on the outskirts of Wareham, Dorset, BH20 4PH. It’s their 40th Anniversary, so they know what they're doing. A full Thursday to Monday weekend is available if you're coming from a long way away. There's plenty of entertainment on both Friday and Saturday evenings. There will be cheap bar prices with the beer tent hopefully opening Thursday evening as well as the Friday and Saturday. They've got plenty of space for us, it's a nice location with Wareham town centre just half a mile down the road. There will be someone on site selling papers, milk, essentials, etc. The site has portaloos, Elsan points and water taps and the whole thing will cost just £3 per entry. There will be an auction on Saturday and a car boot on Sunday.

====================================================================================================

The 4th National Portafold and Ansfold Gathering will be held again at Retrofestival (aka: Festival of Wings, Wheels, Speed, Steam, Music & Dance) on the weekend of the 11th & 12th of August 2012. Why not make a long weekend of it and arrive Friday afternoon and leave Monday morning. Tickets are completely free so have yourself a weekend away and enjoy the entertainment. Also, I've been informed by the organisers that they're increasing the amount of music and entertainment massively from last year. Apparently "...we won't recognise it from last year!"

Last years show was a great success with over 20 Portafolds, Ansfolds and Mini-Motels on display.

As usual it's being held at White Waltham Airfield and they'll be Traction Engines, Commercial Vehicles, Classic and Vintage Cars, Motorcycles, a large Rock 'n Roll contingent comprising of American Vehicles, Traditional Fun Fair Organs, Military Vehicles and Scrambling Bikes. There will also be plenty of static aircraft on display.

N.B. The organisers have recently brought in a £5 minimum charity donation for entry to the show. But as I have been promoting the show since last September as a free show for everyone exhibiting on the stand, the organisers have agreed that we can retain our free entry for this years show. I will in exchange be rattling a collection tin around the stand on the weekend to collect from anyone willing to give. So to confirm, the weekend is still completely free, and anyone who has been to the show will agree that it has more entertainment laid on than a lot of shows which charge a lot of money to get in.

To book your free pitch at the show either send me a personal message through the forum, email me using the contact details on the Contact Us page at http://www.portafold.co.uk/contact_us.html or use the 'Contact portafold.co.uk' link at the top of this page.

You can also reply to this post to show you're interested.

For more information on the show check the organisers website: http://www.retrofestival.co.uk

Show site address: White Waltham Airfield, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 3NJ
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

txfsealord

Re: National Gathering @ Retrofestival - 11 & 12 August 2012

Post by txfsealord » Tue, 04 Oct 2011, 4:24 am

Hi Matt, please put us down for the 2012 one, this year's was great! It's easily the best show of its kind that we've ever attended & we're dead chuffed at its becoming a regular fixture on the show calendar.

Cheers,

Steve & Rose Lord

hattytheherald

Post by hattytheherald » Tue, 04 Oct 2011, 4:27 pm

It was indeed a really good show - but can we club together and have our own portaloo????? Please.

Can you put us down for it please Matthew? Pulling Esther our Portarel or Esterfold, whichever you fancy calling it! (For those who don't know we sadly sold Penfold our portafold as she was just getting too small so now we are proud owners of a 1982 Esterel.) However we fully intend buying another portafold when the kids finally leave home.

Vanessa and Mark

txfsealord

Post by txfsealord » Tue, 04 Oct 2011, 8:10 pm

Well said Vanessa! Portaloo an excellent suggestion & well worth a shared cost. Would it be possible to have a bit more field as well please Matt? Both times we've been to this show, we've been pretty dense-packed together, I've thought.

Steve Lord

mercrocker

Post by mercrocker » Wed, 05 Oct 2011, 1:40 pm

Hello all...put us down again please, we really enjoyed last year's show! Trevor & Glenda

Atlantic

Post by Atlantic » Wed, 12 Oct 2011, 7:59 am

Hello Matthew,
Many thanks indeed for organising this years show, we had a great time and met some lovely people. It's always the case that no two Portafolds are alike and its interesting to see how people have modified or fitted out their vans. You also get to see some interesting vehicles at this event and talking with their owners you can learn a lot as well as admire their efforts. It's always the case that you never get to see all thats there as time just runs away with you...
Please put us down for 2012,
George & Angela Windsor, Ash Vale, Hampshire.

TRUNNIONMAN

Post by TRUNNIONMAN » Sun, 23 Oct 2011, 7:16 am

Hi Ya Mathew
Could you please put me down for the 2012 show as I thought the 2011 show was brilliant having met all of the friendly owners and got to see the variations of there vans, also my mate would also like to be booked into this one on the public camping area with his Rapido.
Many Thanks Tony :clap:

mk3rob

Post by mk3rob » Fri, 04 Nov 2011, 12:15 pm

Hi Matthew

Could you book me a pitch with the club.

Maybe Tony and i can arrange a 2 van convoy from the midlands :D

Thanks Rob

Brambles

Post by Brambles » Sat, 12 Nov 2011, 7:35 pm

Yes please Matthew.
An excellent show with excellent company !

Mike H

BRI52

Post by BRI52 » Thu, 01 Dec 2011, 6:00 pm

Matthew, please put me down for next year. Maybe not so much Black Rat this time. Brian.