The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

4th National Gathering @ Purbeck Rally - BACK ON!!!

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Admin

Re: 4th National Gathering @ Retrofestival - 11 & 12 August 2012

Post by Admin » Wed, 04 Jul 2012, 11:30 am

OK people, this is going to be huge, 43 confirmed Portafolds and Ansfolds so far.

For those that haven't decided whether or not to come, you don't want to miss it!
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Admin

Re: 4th National Gathering @ Retrofestival - 11 & 12 August 2012

Post by Admin » Wed, 04 Jul 2012, 11:59 am

Convoys to the National Gathering

If anyone would like to arrive en-masse from their part of the country, here is a list of the towns/areas that people are coming from. Maybe some of you would like to meet up at motorway services etc. in order to come in convoy. Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with the other people from your area, or post a reply on here to show you'd like to meet up somewhere.

Nottingham x2
West Sussex
Farnborough/Aldershot x2
Totton
Birmingham
Wolverhampton
Paignton
Pirbright/Farnham/Camberley/Surrey x4
Leintwardine x2
Wakefield
Wigan
Portsmouth/Fareham/Gosport x8
Wrexham
Ilfracombe
Beckenham
London x2
Overton
Skegness
Chippenham
Dunstable/Luton x2
Swindon
Shepton Mallet

The majority of the Portsmouth/Fareham group is made up of the 'Folding Blokes' from the Victory Wheelers who will be coming in convoy, meeting at the north-bound M3 Winchester services on Friday morning. If you'd like to join them let me know and i'll put you in touch with them.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

Admin

Re: 4th National Gathering @ Retrofestival - CANCELLED

Post by Admin » Fri, 13 Jul 2012, 6:37 pm

I can't believe this but I'm afraid I have to announce that the 4th National Gathering of Portafolds and Ansfolds has been cancelled due to the adverse weather conditions.

Please check the official site for more details:

http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/

Obviously as my tickets were all free there are no refunds due but I'll be in touch shortly with the dates for 2013, and although we had 45 confirmed for this year, I fully intend to have well over 50 in 2013! Bigger and better, with lots of sunshine to boot.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

Ambubird

Post by Ambubird » Fri, 13 Jul 2012, 7:00 pm

What a shame. Blooming weather!

Bring on next year!

mk3rob

Post by mk3rob » Fri, 13 Jul 2012, 7:59 pm

With 4 weeks to go it seems very early to cancel.

The ground must be very bad or the earlier they cancel the less penalties they have to have.

TRUNNIONMAN

Post by TRUNNIONMAN » Sat, 14 Jul 2012, 5:28 am

What an absolute blow this is I had really been looking forward to this, :( all I can say is bring on 2013. :thumbup:

TRUNNIONMAN

Post by TRUNNIONMAN » Sat, 14 Jul 2012, 5:30 am

Admin wrote:I can't believe this but I'm afraid I have to announce that the 4th National Gathering of Portafolds and Ansfolds has been cancelled due to the adverse weather conditions.

Please check the official site for more details:

http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/

Obviously as my tickets were all free there are no refunds due but I'll be in touch shortly with the dates for 2013, and although we had 45 confirmed for this year, I fully intend to have well over 50 in 2013! Bigger and better, with lots of sunshine to boot.
Put me down for 2013 mate. :thumbup:

murphymini

Post by murphymini » Sat, 14 Jul 2012, 5:57 pm

Shall we have a gathering anyway?? Maybe see if we can join the 11/1300 50th at Gaydon. It's the same weekend...

70sfreak

Post by 70sfreak » Mon, 16 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

Gutted !

Admin

Re: 4th National Gathering @ Purbeck Rally - BACK ON!!!

Post by Admin » Tue, 17 Jul 2012, 1:02 pm

It looks like we're back on!

Many thanks for all the suggestions for replacement venues. After doing plenty of research (with most of the shows on that weekend being one day events, with no camping available) the best prospect is the:

Purbeck Rally, being held on the outskirts of Wareham, Dorset, BH20 4PH. It’s their 40th Anniversary, so they know what they're doing. A full Thursday to Monday weekend is available if you're coming from a long way away. There's plenty of entertainment on both Friday and Saturday evenings. There will be cheap bar prices with the beer tent hopefully opening Thursday evening as well as the Friday and Saturday. They've got plenty of space for us, it's a nice location with Wareham town centre just half a mile down the road. There will be someone on site selling papers, milk, essentials, etc. The site has Elsan points and water taps and the whole thing will cost just £3 per entry. I'll be putting up a new event on Facebook so that I can re-invite everyone.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk