The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

I won a prize!!!!!!

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
vauxhallbitz

I won a prize!!!!!!

Post by vauxhallbitz » Thu, 25 Aug 2011, 8:29 pm

I took my Portafold to a local show in Fife last week and got second prize in the display section coming second to a chainsaw display!!! This is the first time in over 30 years that I have won anything at a car show and was a nice surprise.

Admin

Re: I won a prize!!!!!!

Post by Admin » Thu, 25 Aug 2011, 9:30 pm

Fraser,

Can I be the first to congratulate you on your prize, all be it a second prize. :clap:

But I bet you can't spend a cozy weekend away in the chainsaw display, or make a nice cup of tea in it when you're at a show, or shelter in it with a few friends when the rain comes down... :wink:

But then again, if you've got a large tree that needs chopping up Portafolds are useless... :lol:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

vauxhallbitz

Post by vauxhallbitz » Fri, 26 Aug 2011, 5:42 pm

Hello Mathew,

Thanks for that I should just point out that Alison and I got no peace at the show there were people asking about it ALL the time and to be honest I could have sold it a few times, hopefully you will see an increase in traffic on the website and perhaps some new members!

I could not believe how many people had never seen a Portafold before.

Regards, Fraser.

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 05 Sep 2011, 7:59 pm

Fraser,

After I met a lovely couple from Portland (near Weymouth) at the Great Dorset Steam Fair last weekend I can now confirm that yours is the last Portafold made in 1970, as their caravan is one number after yours and it's from 1971! I now have an exact cut off point between 70 and 71 on my database.

Another talking point at your next show... :wink:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

vauxhallbitz

Post by vauxhallbitz » Mon, 05 Sep 2011, 9:34 pm

Hello Mathew,

How very interesting, I wonder how many consecutive numbered Portafolds remain............?

Regards, Fraser.

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 05 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

I do have a few consecutive numbers now but this is the first I have that crosses over a year. If only I had a few more like that I'd be sorted!

Anyone out there who hasn't sent me theirs yet, get in touch! :thumbup:
Matthew
portafold.co.uk