The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Goodwood Revival 17-19 September 2010

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Admin

Goodwood Revival 17-19 September 2010

Post by Admin » Fri, 12 Feb 2010, 7:10 pm

If you only go to one show this year, make it this one. It's not cheap, but it's by far the best day out all year. Even the 'pre 1966' car park has more classic cars in it than most car shows do.

Going in period dress is a must! Don't think that you'll feel daft because believe me you'll feel a lot dafter if you don't. Everyone is dressed up.

I'm not advertising a club stand in this post, just mentioning to people that i'll be staying in a recommended local campsite for the whole weekend (Thursday to Monday) and I'll be attending the show on the Sunday (the busiest day) and probably spending a few hours on Friday and Saturday checking out the cars in the car park. Anyone who's also thinking of going to the show but doesn't want to pay the £200 price tag for a weeks pitch on the official Goodwood camp site (you have to pay for a whole week) could try the site I'm going to stay at:

Chichester Lakeside, Chichester, PO20 1QH. It's 3.5 miles to the Goodwood car park, taking the detour they send you on, or 2.5 if you go direct (by bycycle for instance). The only downside I can see is that it's quite near the Chichester bypass, but then again I've got 4 nights with an electric hook-up included for £50.

Check out the Goodwood site for more info: http://www.goodwood.co.uk
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Snorbs

Re: Goodwood Revival 17-19 September 2010

Post by Snorbs » Sun, 14 Feb 2010, 2:42 pm

Hi Matthew,

I'm going to Goodwood Revival but only for the day.

There are a few of us going on the Friday, which is what we did last year, and of course you are right period dress is a must and is great fun :D you will definitely feel more uncomfortable not wearing period dress than wearing it but, that's the bit I loved the most :D and I've already started looking for those killer heels to go with that perfect outfit again.

The classic car park is a must for anyone wanting to look at a huge variety of cars and you could spend the whole weekend just looking round the cars there. I attend a lot of different custom, classic, American car shows but the vehicles that get to this event is mind blowing :crazy:

We might see you strolling around the car park there and share a cuppa, come and say hello :wave:

We'll be going in the Chevy again this year !!