The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Great Dorset Steam Fair

Pictures from and chat about shows you've been to.
Snorbs

Great Dorset Steam Fair

Post by Snorbs » Wed, 18 Jun 2008, 6:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I am going to the Great Dorset Steam Fair again this year and it is the 40th year show so it should be good.

I have been going now for many years and i always make a stop at the car and caravan stand and in the past they have had a number of old caravans and I have also seen Portafolds on display there and have had a chat with the owners.

I am hoping to get the admin guy to go so we can have a chat about portafold stuff :) so might see some of you there 8)

pollythevan

Post by pollythevan » Tue, 24 Jun 2008, 9:08 am

Hi Snorbs,

We will be there in our Portafold.

We had our first visit last year to the steam fair to display an Austin Minor Van in the LCV compound (next to the vintage & classic Motorbike tent). It was a brilliant event with lots to see and do + a real ale tent & live music, what more could you want?

We saw a group of old caravans on display, I think they were called "Yesteryear Club" but didn't see any Portafolds.

We kept our Portafold in the Exhibitors Camping area not on display.

If your van is on display, see you there!

Regards

"Polly the van"
polly the van

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue, 24 Jun 2008, 9:50 am

I should be there as well, hopefully. Just trying to get the Anglia MOT'd so I've got a tow vehicle, otherwise it'll be an expensive and noisy trip up with the Landy.

I won't exhibit the Portafold, I think I'd like to try and get round as much of the show as possible this year. If you're on display you feel bound to stay with it and talk to people, and as I can only do the one day and what with it being such a big show it'll be a push to get round in the time I've got.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!