The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Alloy Rims ???

Chat and Questions on Wheels, Tyres & Hubcaps.
3commando

Alloy Rims ???

Post by 3commando » Wed, 08 Jun 2011, 8:00 am

Having read about this on the forum, and being new to the Portafold camp, I noticed a few people have alloy/chrome wheels on the units, and would very much like to do the same on mine. Being a simple pen pusher, as I am, technical jargon just gets lost on me. So in as simple as is possible, is there anyone out there, that has alloys fitted to their unit, and if so could they please tell me what size rims and tyres they have, and if there are any modifications required to fit these? Thanks.

DanBoy

Re: Alloy Rims ???

Post by DanBoy » Sat, 18 Jun 2011, 8:38 am

It depends on what rims you have on to start with? Most people have 10" mini wheels so that's your starting point for alloys. Check out the other posts in this section and you will see that there are two different types (early and late) and the one may catch on the suspension unit so check carefully and test fit before buying.

3commando

Re: Alloy Rims ???

Post by 3commando » Wed, 22 Jun 2011, 11:45 am

Thanks for this advice. I have a set of alloys, and will give them a go next week when we get back from o few days in the Lake District, with the Porta. I have 2 differend thickness spacers as well. Would you recommend fitting these, if there is clearance issue? Thanks