The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Restoration scotland

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
Zeldathai0141

Restoration scotland

Post by Zeldathai0141 » Mon, 24 Aug 2015, 9:27 am

Hi all
Being a new owner of a porta fold I was wondering if I decide the restoration is way beyond me, does anyone know if there is someone in Scotland who restores them. I am definitely going to give it a bash myself but you never know what you will uncover so need a plan B .

stu78901

Re: Restoration scotland

Post by stu78901 » Sat, 29 Aug 2015, 6:28 am

hi
i am in glasgow too, am going to start my restore/ fixsoon aswel. you had you portafold long?

stuart

Zeldathai0141

Post by Zeldathai0141 » Wed, 02 Sep 2015, 7:47 am

Hi Stuart
Brother bought in Whitehaven a few years ago and brought it to Glasgow it has sat in the back garden ever since he put her up a couple of weeks ago and I love it . Not sure about age etc but Matthew said if I send the chassis number he might be able to tell me more so that's my first job.

Microhurtz

Post by Microhurtz » Wed, 02 Sep 2015, 8:24 pm

Don't be nervous of getting stuck in to a restoration. It's not rocket science! Have a root through some of the restoration info on the forum and see what you think!
How hard can it be?
Jeremy.

stu78901

Post by stu78901 » Tue, 08 Sep 2015, 9:41 am

hi
yes matthew knows all that needs to be known on these very very helpful :thumbup:

you get chassis number near tow bar, just give it a good clean up and matthew car tell you year ect

welcome to the site i have 2, had them about 20-25 years been everywhere in them, need a wee bit of work but they all do unless been fully restored, after all they are getting on a bit lol

think i will sell one as just need one now as dad not here to use the other.

they are fantastic to tow and get into places you cant with a real caravan

i havent been on the site long but what i can say is everyone seems very helpful and the info on here is second to none
good luck and if you need any help or info am not too far away
:thumbup:

saab-donna

Post by saab-donna » Sat, 02 Jul 2016, 10:13 pm

Hey guys,

We've just bought ours and are in Glenrothes, Fife.

Curious to see how if a) you still have it and b) how the restoration went?

We went out yesterday to look at curtains, cushions and soft furnishings. Then we took a deeper look at the Ansfold and we have some basic maintenance to get done before we'd be keen to furnish it. Nothing major, just taking back the paint and repainting, or we insulate and perhaps paint over that.

Well, would be interested to hear how you guys got on.

Donna