The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Dating my Portafold

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
petman

Dating my Portafold

Post by petman » Wed, 20 Jun 2007, 10:35 pm

Mine as no chassis number as the A frame was lowered (I have since lowered it again) and the top plate was removed
can anyone give me some idea of its age
The A fame is made from square box section, the fins at the rear extend down into the lower body section and its fitted with round individual Land Rover type lights

KorenM

Post by KorenM » Mon, 02 Jul 2007, 5:09 pm

I can't help with dating your van I'm afraid, but I too am trying to date my Portafold.

I do have the chassis number still don't know how to find out how old it is.

The previous owner said he thought it was a 1961 model, but I have no proof.

Can anyone help?

Admin

Dating my Portafold

Post by Admin » Sun, 26 Jul 2009, 10:57 am

petman wrote:Mine as no chassis number as the A frame was lowered (I have since lowered it again) and the top plate was removed can anyone give me some idea of its age. The A fame is made from square box section, the fins at the rear extend down into the lower body section and its fitted with round individual Land Rover type lights
If you've got the individual round lights it's a fairly early model. But not as early as the ones with the tubular chassis. Going by what information I've gathered so far on my database, I'd say about 1966 or 67. Maybe early 1968.

KorenM wrote:I can't help with dating your van I'm afraid, but I too am trying to date my Portafold. I do have the chassis number still don't know how to find out how old it is. The previous owner said he thought it was a 1961 model, but I have no proof. Can anyone help?
If you would like to PM me your chassis number to I'll let you know what year it was manufactured, and possibly the works production number as well.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!