The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Cushions, how many??

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
53catalina

Cushions, how many??

Post by 53catalina » Sat, 21 Aug 2010, 9:42 pm

How many should I have?

We seem to have some long ones and some short ones. Some have obviously been renewed as the green foam (light to carry) looks quite new, and when we removed the covers off others (heavy ones) they have the original blue covers fitted.

Any advice welcome.

thanks
Dan

Neil

Re: Cushions, how many??

Post by Neil » Sun, 22 Aug 2010, 6:38 pm

We've got 2 long ones and 4 square ones,came in different thickness as well. :wink:
Got no idea if ours are original but they're quite light

Admin

Post by Admin » Sun, 22 Aug 2010, 6:51 pm

If you check out what the original brochures state you get with them www.portafold.co.uk/portafold_literature.html, the majority say it should be 2 long mattress cushions and 6 square seating cushions, but...

you could buy extra cushions and the depth was different depending on whether you had the 3" luxury cushions, as opposed to the 2" standard ones.

So basically, you can have as many as you need, in different depths, and as many as you can fit in it when you fold it down...
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

53catalina

Post by 53catalina » Sun, 22 Aug 2010, 8:49 pm

We seem to have 4 long cushions (some with two small squares in a double cover, and 3 small squares.
Only the small ones clip under the hooks on the walls, the long ones are too short, so wont stay in place when folding the sides down.
It looks like they were previously laid out all as base cushions, with no back rests, so not too comfy.
I will chat to a friend tomorrw who does upholstery to see what a new set of cushions would cost, made to the size I need, and in lightweight foam.