The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Help!! size of windows?

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
Snorbs

Help!! size of windows?

Post by Snorbs » Mon, 03 Aug 2009, 4:45 pm

Hi All,

Need your help please !!

Is anyone able to get to their Portafold and measure the size of the windows (height and width) for me. I am unable to get to mine.

I believe i have accidently thrown out my curtains and they got taken to the dump when we cleared the Portafold out due to a mouse taking residence in the Portafold while it was stored in the garage :evil:

The past 2 shows we have had bin liners for curtains which was a bit embarrassing at Beaulieu last weekend with fellow Portafold owners looking at our bin bag curtains :oops:

I have gone out and bought the new material and i am ready to cut and sew and have just realised i forgot to measure window sizes while at Beaulieu and really need to get them done for the Wings, Wheels, Speed and Steam show this weekend where a number of you Portafold owners are joining us and i really think i should have curtains by then.

Thank you very much for your help and a i wait with anticipation.

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Mon, 03 Aug 2009, 7:11 pm

Hi there, I've just measured Matilda and the windows sizes to the outside of the frame/rubber:

Back Window and Side Windows

15 1/2 " Deep x 30 3/4 " Wide

Front Window

12 " Deep x 17" Wide

Hope this helps!

Jan :D
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Snorbs

windows

Post by Snorbs » Tue, 04 Aug 2009, 9:19 am

Thanks Jan,

I can get on with the curtains now :D and hopefully get them made up by the weekend.

I appreciate you doing that for me, you're a star !!

Justine

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Tue, 04 Aug 2009, 12:31 pm

No probs me dear, I just hope that all Portafold's windows are standard!!

Jan x
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

txfsealord

Window sizes

Post by txfsealord » Tue, 04 Aug 2009, 4:43 pm

Hi Justine,

It may be worth asking Alan (Anorakite) this question, as he borrowed Matt's tape-measure & went round measuring everyone's window sizes! I overheard him say to Matt that almost everyone's differed in some way (shouldn't listen to other people's conversation I know, but I couldn't help it as they were right outside my 'van & I was wondering why my windows had just been measured).

Alternatively, it might be safer to erect yours again to measure it!

Then you'll find Jan's is identical after all.........

Steve

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Tue, 04 Aug 2009, 7:52 pm

Judging by all the odd things we've found in Matilda, I wonder if Portafold didn't just fit whatever they had left over from a particular boat. We've found some terrible bodges on ours, but we suspect they are from past owners not bothering to get the original item replaced like for like. However, it's nothing that couldn't be overcome.....so far!! :? :lol:

Snorbs

Post by Snorbs » Tue, 04 Aug 2009, 8:19 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all the advice. :D

I have noticed lots of differences in Portafolds when i have seen them on my travels and think you could be right when you said they probably used what was lying around.

I am pleased to say that at the Wings, Wheels, Speed and Steam Show this weekend i will have proper curtains :D I finished them this afternoon. I only hope they fit or i may have an embarassing moment yet again :oops: although, it would not be as embarrissing as the bin bag curtains :lol:

Thanks again for your help

Justine

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Tue, 04 Aug 2009, 8:27 pm

He he, the bonus is, if they don't fit yours.....they'll definitely fit mine.. :lol:

Snorbs

clever !!

Post by Snorbs » Wed, 05 Aug 2009, 12:13 pm

Hi Bigbird,

Thats very clever, you planned to give me the wrong measurements didn't you, so i made them for your Portafold and not mine :lol:

10 out of 10 for trying :wink:

Justine

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Wed, 05 Aug 2009, 6:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :wink: